March 31, 2022
Focus: State senator Anthony Portantino presented to the CSO Taskforce the current statewide strategy regarding microplastics in order to protect coastal and ocean health. Natalie Zandt of MeterLeader pitched her new startup which received assistance from LACI to get up and running. Eugene Shirley of Pando gave an update on the current state of projects and on the winners from the 2021 Pando Days season. Rebeca Mendez spoke briefly on the UCLA Counterforce Lab Biophilia Treehouse project being installed at the Holy Spirit Retreat Center in Encino.
Program: 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Speakers and facilitators:
- CSO Taskforce – Heidrum Mumper-Drumm
- California Senate – Anthony Portantino
- Meter Leader – Natalie Zandt
- Pando Populus – Eugene Shirley
- Biophilia Treehouse – Rebeca Mendez
Heidrun Mumper-Drumm, Chair CSO Strategic Taskforce
Microplastics in California