“Our work is the presentation of our capabilities.” – Edward Gibbon
BUSINESS RESOURCES. Make your business a sustainable enterprise, and connect with other leaders in the field.
- Cool California: To achieve greenhouse gas reductions in a cost effective way, resources on our site have been developed to help small businesses save money and limit their environmental impact.
- The Sustainable Business Council of Los Angeles is a non-profit organization that helps businesses capture the efficiency gains made by reducing the environmental waste generated by their products and services. The CBS offers networking opportunities, forums, and mentoring on environmental topics.
- The Complete Guide on how to Make your Business Green offers a variety of insights, including introducing green measures into your business and how to promote an eco-conscious company.
- “A resource of environmental information, tools and data aimed at the mainstream business community,” Greenbiz.com is a place where businesses can learn from one another through articles, videos and sponsored events.
- Better Buildings Challenge Los Angeles outlines incentives and tax credits that can help firms who want to reduce their energy consumption. BBCLA also offers monitoring, financing, webinars, and access to a network of other service providers that can help businesses become more sustainable.
- The American Water Works Association’s free software allows firms to perform a water audit, providing a baseline for implementing water use management systems.
- Case Studies in Efficient Water Management by Businesses: Examples of successfully implemented water use management systems, courtesy of the California State Division of Planning and Local Assistance.
- Sustainability Pays, a Natural Capitalism Solutions report, is a collection of sustainable business case studies authored by groups like The Harvard Business Review and The Economist.
- The California Business Alliance for a Clean Economy maintains a blog with posts about news, events, and resources.
- If your Low Impact Development (LID) efforts include rainwater harvesting, remember mosquito vector control in water storage design. The World Health Organization has more info here.
- The Go Green Tool Guide walks you through the steps towards planning greener business operations.
- Carbon Fund’s Carbon Offset Calculator is an innovative and flexible way to help your business calculate, reduce and offset your carbon footprint.