Learn how you can support your local government’s environmental strategies.
- Cool California: Many cities and counties are already taking action to be part of the solution to address climate change. Read on to learn how your local jurisdiction can be part of the solution!
- The EPA’s Green Infrastructure program has released a new report that summarizes tools, strategies, and lessons learned from green infrastructure projects across the country. The report, Tools, Strategies, and Lessons Learned from EPA Green Infrastructure Technical Assistance Projects, is a quick reference guide that matches problems with real world, tested solutions and offers readers resources for further information. The report also includes a handy guide to technology and a table of benefits that you can share with potential collaborators and stakeholders.
- The Beacon Program is a statewide program that provides support and recognition to California cities and counties that are working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, save energy, and adopt policies and programs that promote sustainability. The Beacon Program provides a framework for local governments to share best practices that create healthier, more efficient vibrant communities. The program honors voluntary efforts by local governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, save energy and adopt policies that promote sustainability.
- Global Inheritance employs technology, the arts, and experiential learning to generate excitement and inspires people to act responsibly and become forward-thinking leaders within their community.
- The US General Services Administration’s Sustainability in Action page hosts a collection of best practices and strategies that local governments can adopt to reduce their environmental impact.
- The Institute for Local Government has put together a collection of Sustainability Best Practices, including areas like water and wastewater systems, green building, and recycling.
- The California Sustainability Alliance Local Government Toolkit provides a suite of resources for local governments, including green procurement guides, energy planning guides, emissions calculators, and much more.
- With the current drought, communities and residents across California are looking for ways to conserve water. The Institute for Local Government has a collection of water and wastewater best practices that local governments can implement to conserve water, save energy, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and help secure water resources for the future.