The Pando Days Season Finale and presentation of The Pando Sustainability Awards marked the end of the Pando Days ’22 season and the beginning of Pando Days ’23.
Pando Days brings colleges and universities together from across the California Southland to help implement the most ambitious sustainability plan in the country. The Pando Awards celebrated and rewarded the courage and success of the Pando Days ’22 projects.
It was the sustainability event of the year, where we gathered to recognize accomplishments and kick off the upcoming Pando Days season.
The event was hosted at Caltech, a campus renowned for world-changing ideas. Honored guests included LA County Supervisor Kathryn Barger (District 5), LA County Supervisor Lindsay Horvath (District 3), Representative of the Office of LA County Supervisor Holly Mitchell (District 2), Paul Krekorian, President of the Los Angeles City Council, and other distinguished guests. We saw:
- A showcase of projects from 15 participating Pando Days ’22 colleges and universities.
- The world premiere of the We Are Pando documentary film featuring students from the Pando Days ’22 teams by two-time Emmy Award winner, Peabody, and Oscar-nominated filmmaker Lyn Goldfarb.
- The release of the sustainability Roadmap book by nationally renowned regional sustainability planner Mark VanderSchaaf. The book is the first to identify and summarize all of the most important sustainability plans affecting Metropolitan Los Angeles and place them in global context.
- Awards, grants, and honors galore.
- Live, open enrollment for the Pando Days 2023 season.
Pando teams, guests from public agencies, businesses, and NGOs, philanthropists, CSO Taskforce members, media representatives, and educators from the colleges, universities, and trade schools that have participated in Pando Days in the past all came together for the event.
Winners of The Pando Sustainability Awards were determined by a panel of sustainability and social-impact professionals and awarded to Pando Days ’22 projects in the following categories: vision and creativity, design and execution, process and inclusion, and feasibility and viability.
Then join us.
Pando Days is a collaboration with the CSO Taskforce for LA County with the ’22 season made possible in part by the support of our generous partners: